|“You can't escape! I never did!”|
|— Bart Chaney to Jack, "Night of the Harbinger"|
You will want to keep this prison ghost nicely wrapped up in a straitjacket in solitary confinement at all times. It shouldn’t be all that difficult, as he has never managed to escape from the now derelict Newbury Penitentiary, even as a ghost. Or has he? Anyway, after spending decades alone, peaking through tiny porthole windows, our failed escape artist here is longing for some company. And he’ll do whatever it takes to keep visitors locked inside with him. Forever…
Most Wanted Ghosts: Bart Chaney
Well, after spending decades alone, peaking through tiny porthole windows of his solitary confinement cell at Newbury Penitentiary, our failed escape artist here is longing for some company. And he’ll do whatever it takes to keep visitors locked inside with him. Forever…
Bart Chaney was a Boss Ghost in the Newbury Penitentiary. When the Ghost Hunters came to the Penitentiary to look for Nehmaar Reem, Chaney and Nehmaar Reem (though the former was unaware of the latter's presence) awaited them. Jack Davids, along with Rami and his entourage moved through the prison, with Rami jokingly banging on the prison cell doors with a stick. Bart Chaney soon emerged, thoroughly terrifying Rami, and forcing Jack to run away, eventually causing Chaney to stumble and be dragged around the Penitentiary by his ball. With the extra time, Jack rescued Parker L. Jackson from a cell which Nehmaar Reem had trapped her in for interfering. Finally, Chaney caught up with Jack, but the two of them were able to catch the Boss Ghost.
He has 6 locks wrapped around his prison uniform with the number 1805. The locks are attached to a chain, the end of which has a heavy ball.
Prison Break (App)
Bart Chaney can summon a decoy and send it running straight forward.
- 70435 Newbury Abandoned Prison (Boss Ghost)
- He is a member of the Sad Ghosts.
- Why he is member of the Sad Ghosts is unknown.
- In his idle animation in the app, he swings around his ball, suggesting either it might not be heavy, he has supernatural strength, or both.
- Even though Bart Chaney's app bio says that he's escaped prison, his site bio and "Night of the Harbinger" states otherwise.
- Bart's last name is a play on the word "chainy".
- Bart Chaney having a straitjacket on appears to be a reference to both of his former occupations (a magician and a prisoner), with the straitjacket being used by magicians in some of their magic tricks as well as being use to prevent prisoners from using their arms.
- According to the LEGO Hidden Side: Ghosts From the Other Side activity book, he was formerly a magician, making him the second ghost who was a magician in life, the first being Jake Rosebud.
- However, it's unknown if they actually knew each other.